1. Expect it to be quiet and blissful during the months of October to May but anywhere between that where the sun is featured, it is a hell hole of tourists and men with socks and sandals.
2. Expect to have your ice cream/chips/pasty taken straight from the palms of your hands and into a mouth of a angry old sea gull (uhhh).
3. Expect to be stuck behind a tractor for at least twelve minutes of your day, it happens. A lot.
4. Expect a delicious pasty from Rowes, but not from Philps - never from Philps.
5. Expect to hear the words, dreckly and proper job but other than that we do not sound anything like the characters from Poldark.
6. Expect beautiful beaches, and deep cliff edges because Cornwall is darn lovely place to place your feet.
7. Expect the jam to go on before the cream, so if you're from Devon you''ll have to put up and shut up.
8. Expect rain - but of course that is expected.
9. Expect your car to have a few scratches by the end of your trip, our country lanes aren't for the faint hearted. And Cornish folk certainly won't be your mate with a big old Land Rover.
10. Expect some towns not to have a Boots or a New Look. So when you are after that moisturiser you heard about, expect to be travelling thirty minutes until you find yourself at the nearest Boots.